ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering patient care.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation and collaboration or referral.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physicians, peers, and quality and standards according to protocols, and receives implements constructive directives.
- Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or training and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.