DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors busy gas pumps plus diesel and off-road pumps and collects payments.
- Counts money in cash drawer at beginning of work shift.
- Runs point of sale cash registers.
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax and rebates on monitor screen.
- Collects cash, check or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions. Cashes checks and issues receipts or tickets to customers.
- Issues gift cards to customers for purchase.
- Processes all credit card and gift card transactions, house charge accounts.
- Scans vendor deliveries on handheld device and matches to invoice for accuracy.
- Verifies payments on validating machine for accuracy.
- Weekend shift may be required to count and deposit daily monies.
- Processes T-Check and Com Data transactions for truckers.
- Accepts payment from House Charge customers.
- Stocks shelves and coolers with product upon delivery.
- Fills coolers, cigarette shelves and coffee bar items (creamer, sweetener, and beverage machines), etc.
- Obtains mandatory Underground Tank Safety Procedure Certification (needed in case of emergencies, spills, etc).
- Contacts gas provider/hauler if product is low.
- Counts returnable cans and bottles; makes reimbursement to customer.
- Sweeps and mops floors; some snow shoveling may be required during winter months.
- Cleans restrooms and coffee bar area.
- Empties garbage receptacles inside and outside.
- May prepare, handle, and serve food for customer consumption. (Annual Food Handler Certification and/or ServSafe Certification through Indian Health Services will be required for any employee that regularly handles/prepares food).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically mobile and have the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend/stoop, and carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds unassisted.
- Employee must pass a pre-employment background clearance, physical, and drug screen. Employees handling food will be required to have an pre-employment and annual TB Skin Test.